Building on its long history of success, Mission del Lago homebuilder D.R. Horton is again the largest builder in the United States, with total closings for the fiscal year 2015 tallying 36,648 homes. This is the 14th consecutive year the company has been the nation's largest homebuilder by volume.
Donald R. Horton, the company’s Chairman of the Board, was quoted as saying, “Fiscal 2015 was also our third consecutive year of 30% or greater growth in both home sales revenues and homebuilding pre-tax income.” D.R. Horton’s earning report noted several additional impressive gains for the fourth quarter and the year:
- Net sales orders for the fourth were up 19% to 8,477 homes from 7,135 homes in the same quarter last year, and “the value of net sales orders increased 22% to $2.5 billion from $2.0 billion.”
- Net sales orders for the 2015 fiscal year increased 26% to 37,380 homes from 29,709 homes a year ago.
- “The value of net sales orders increased 29% to $10.7 billion from $8.3 billion.
- D.R. Horton closed out the year with “$1.4 billion of homebuilding unrestricted cash and gross homebuilding debt to total capital of 36.1%.”
- The fourth quarter cash dividend of $0.08 per common share was an “increase of 28% compared to its most recent dividend paid.”
- The company generated $700 million of operations cash in the fourth quarter, “consolidated pre-tax income increased 35% to $338.8 million, and our pre-tax operating margin improved 60 basis points to 10.7%. For the year, we generated a 38% increase in pre-tax income to more than $1.1 billion on consolidated revenues of $10.8 billion.”
D.R. Horton at Mission del Lago
Known as America’s builder, D.R. Horton is well positioned to “capitalize on market opportunities to deliver another strong performance in fiscal 2016,” said Donald R. Horton, while continuing to provide valuable new-home opportunities throughout the nation in San Antonio communities like Mission del Lago.
The company’s Express Homes neighborhood is a popular choice in communities across the country and has connected with Texas homebuyers at Mission del Lago. These brand-new homes on the Southside combine spacious floorplans with highly amenitized interiors and affordable price points for San Antonio homebuyers. Mission del Lago Express Homes range from 1,400 to more than 2,600 square feet, with modern designs, desirable features, and prices from the $150s.
Mission del Lago is the premier SouthSide masterplan, offering a convenient location just five minutes from IH-37 and 15 minutes to downtown yet within a scenic, serene setting. Community amenities including the 18-hole Mission del Lago Golf Course that winds throughout the neighborhoods and ongoing owner events that bring neighbors together as friends are two more reasons Mission del Lago is increasingly the choice for those buying a home in San Antonio.
For more information about the fastest-growing community in San Antonio, visit Mission del Lago or click below to download the Guide to Buying a New Home in SouthSide San Antonio.